CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) – One religious group in Crozet is taking a unique space and turning it into its own.
Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church is taking the former Bank of American in Crozet and transforming it into their new church home.
They recently placed a bid on the building and should be closing on it in the coming weeks.
“It’s a bank building, and so we’re gonna have a lot of work ahead of us to make it into a church… make it something recognizable as a church inside and out,” said Msgr. Tim Keeney. “We’re hoping that on the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, which is Saturday, October 7, we potentially could have our first mass in here.”
The church says that they will make small renovations so that they can still meet there, while fixing the building. Source
This is a mission parish in Crozet, Virginia, which is currently meeting in a Baptist church.
I hope they keep some of the iconic bank aspects. For example, they could rename a consecrated strong room, the “Deus Vault.”
- When a new parishioner registers, they get a toaster, or maybe an air fryer. Their advertisements could pun on friar.
- The Offertory could be done by pneumatic tube 
- Could advertise, meet Jesus ATM (At The Mass)
- Deposit of faith
Bank aspects to not include.
- Drive through Communion 
- Offering car loans. Although an exception could be made for a Fiat.
- Don’t advertise the homilies as having “little or no interest.”