This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 29 July 2021 to 1 September 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 29 July 2021 – Message of His Holiness Pope Francis, signed by the Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, on the occasion of the 42nd Meeting for Friendship among Peoples [Rimini, 20–25 August 2021], 29 July 2021
- 25 August 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father
- 27 August 2021 – To the Participants in the meeting promoted by the International Catholic Legislators Network
- 28 August 2021 – To the group of the “Lazare” Association from France
- “Faith is the ardent desire for God, a bold effort to change, the courage to love, constant progress” @Pontifex 27 August 2021
- “Saint Augustine said: “I fear that Jesus will pass by me unnoticed”. It is important to remain watchful, because one great mistake in life is to get absorbed in a thousand things and not to notice God” @Pontifex 28 August 2021
- “In the #GospelOfTheDay, Jesus cautions us about a religiosity of appearances: looking good on the outside, while failing to purify the heart. He does not want outward appearances. He wants to put faith back at the center. He wants a faith that touches the heart” @Pontifex 29 August 2021
- “I am following the situation in Afghanistan with great concern. I share in the sorrow of those who are grieving for those who lost their lives in the suicide attacks and of those who are seeking help and protection.” @Pontifex 29 August 2021
- “As Christians the situation in Afghanistan obligates us. In historic moments like this, we cannot remain indifferent. For this reason, I address an appeal to everyone to intensify your prayer and practice fasting, asking the Lord for mercy and forgiveness” @Pontifex 29 August 2021
- “What is the secret of a blessed life, a happy life? Recognizing Jesus as the living God. For it is not important to know that Jesus was great in history. What matters is the place I give him in my life” @Pontifex 30 August 2021
- “Today we need prophecy, but real prophecy. Miraculous demonstrations are not needed, but lives that demonstrate the miracle of God’s love” @Pontifex 31 August 2021
- “Saint Paul invites us too to reflect on how we live faith. Does the love of Christ, crucified and risen, remain at the centre of our life as the wellspring of salvation, or are we content with a few religious formalities to salve our consciences? #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 1 September 2021
- “Today we celebrate the World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation. Let us #PrayTogether with our brothers and sisters of various Christian confessions and work for our common home at this time of serious planetary crisis. #SeasonOfCreation” @Pontifex 1 September 2021
- “We pray that we all will make courageous choices for a simple and environmentally sustainable lifestyle, rejoicing in our young people who are resolutely committed to this.” @Pontifex 1 September 2021