This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 12 August 2021 to 18 August 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 18 August 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father to the people on the vaccination campaign against COVID–19
- “With the help of young people and their innovative spirit, we can make the dream come true of a world where bread, water, medicine and work flow abundantly and reach those most in need first. #YouthDay” @Pontifex 12 August 2021
- “Prayer is vital for life: just as we cannot live without breathing, so we cannot be Christians without praying.” @Pontifex 13 August 2021
- “There is no better way to pray than to place oneself like Mary in an attitude of openness, with a heart open to God: ‘Lord, what you want, when you want, and how you want’.” @Pontifex 14 August 2021
- “Mary’s secret is humility. It is her humility that attracted God’s gaze to her. Today, looking at Mary #assumed into heaven, we can say that humility is the way that leads to Heaven. #Angelus” @Pontifex 15 August 2021
- “#LetUsPray for Afghanistan, so that the clamour of weapons might cease and solutions can be found at the table of dialogue. Only thus can the battered population of that country return to their own homes and live in peace.” @Pontifex 15 August 2021
- “#LetUsPray also for Haiti. I want to express my closeness to the dear people hard hit by the earthquake. May the solidarity of all alleviate the consequences of the tragedy!” @Pontifex 15 August 2021
- “Let us remember those who cannot go on vacation. I think especially of the ill, the elderly, the incarcerated, the unemployed, refugees and all those who are alone or in difficulty. May Mary extend her maternal protection over each one of you.” @Pontifex 15 August 2021
- “God does not come to free us from our ever-present daily problems, but to free us from the real problem, which is the lack of love. This is the main cause of our personal, social, international and environmental ills. Thinking only of ourselves: this is the father of all evils.” @Pontifex 17 August 2021
- “Vaccination is a simple way of promoting the common good and caring for each other, especially the most vulnerable.” @Pontifex 18 August 2021
- “It is good for us to ask ourselves if we still live in the period in which we need the Law (cfr Gal 3:23–25), or if instead we are fully aware of having received the grace of becoming children of God so as to live in love. ” @Pontifex 18 August 2021