This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 24 September 2017 to 4 October 2017.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 28 September 2017 – Message of the Holy Father, signed by the Cardinal Secretary of State, to the participants in the Plenary Assembly of the Council of European Episcopal Conferences (CCEE) [Minsk, Belarus, 28 September – 1 October 2017]
- “Encountering Jesus can give a decisive direction to our life, filling it with meaning.” @Pontifex 28 September 2017
- “Today is the Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. Let us call on them so that we are always reminded of God’s presence.” @Pontifex 29 September 2017
- “I have chosen this theme for World Communications Day 2018: “The truth will set you free” (Jn 8:32). Fake news and journalism for peace.” @Pontifex 29 September 2017
- “In our times we need to pray so much – Christians, Jews, and Muslims – for peace.” @Pontifex 30 September 2017
- “Like Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, let us learn from the humility of God who became small for us.” @Pontifex 30 September 2017
- “Our guardian angel is a friend we do not see, but whose presence we feel. He accompanies us on our earthly journey to heaven.” @Pontifex 2 October 2017
- “Only in the silence of prayer can you learn to listen to the voice of God.” @Pontifex 3 October 2017
- “Like Saint Francis of Assisi, let us be transformed by the love of Christ in order to live in simplicity and joy.” @Pontifex 4 October 2017