This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 3 July 2017 to 9 August 2017.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 3 July 2017 – Message of the Holy Father on the occasion of the national meeting of young people at the Shrine of Aparecida [29–30 July 2017]
- “In the name of Jesus we can make known, through our witness, that peace is possible!” @Pontifex 4 August 2017
- “Other people are gifts to be received with respect, especially if they are weak and frail, because Christ comes to meet us in them.” @Pontifex 5 August 2017
- “Hope is the virtue of a heart that doesn’t lock itself into darkness, that doesn’t dwell on the past, but is able to see a tomorrow.” @Pontifex 6 August 2017
- “Forgiveness sets our hearts free and allows us to start anew. Forgiveness gives hope. Without forgiveness, the Church is not built up.” @Pontifex 7 August 2017
- “Today we give glory to God for the work of Saint Dominic in the service of the Gospel which he preached with his words and his life.” @Pontifex 8 August 2017
- “In witnessing to the faith what counts is not success, but fidelity to Christ.” @Pontifex 9 August 2017