This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 4 October 2018 to 27 February 2019.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 4 October 2018 – Lent 2019: “For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God” (Rm 8:19)
- 21 February 2019 – Meeting “The Protection of Minors in the Church”: Introduction of the Holy Father
- 22 February 2019 – Meeting “The Protection of Minors in the Church”: Intervention by the Holy Father Francis after hearing the report by Dr. Ghisoni, under-secretary of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life
- 24 February 2019 – Meeting “The Protection of Minors in the Church”: Address of His Holiness at the end of the Eucharistic Concelebration
- 25 February 2019 – To Participants in the Plenary Assembly of the Pontifical Academy for Life
- 25 February 2019 – To a Delegation of the “Apostolikì Diakonìa” of the Church of Greece
- “Let us ask the Holy Spirit to sustain us during these days and to help us transform this evil into an opportunity for awareness and purification. #PBC2019” @Pontifex 21 February 2019
- “Lord, you know how we resist placing the sufferings of others in our heart. Open our hearts and shape them in your image. #PBC2019” @Pontifex 21 February 2019
- “Lord, deliver us from the temptation to want to save ourselves, and our reputations; help us to acknowledge our guilt and to seek humble and concrete answers together, and in communion with all the People of God. #PBC2019” @Pontifex 22 February 2019
- “Lord, focus our gaze on what is essential, make us strip ourselves of everything that does not help to make the Gospel of Jesus Christ transparent. #PBC2019” @Pontifex 23 February 2019
- “Every abuse is an atrocity. In people’s justified anger, the Church sees the reflection of the wrath of God. It is our duty to listen attentively to this silent cry. #PBC2019 http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/speeches/2019/february/documents/papa-francesco_20190224_incontro-protezioneminori-chiusura.html …” @Pontifex 24 February 2019
- “God’s love is the only power capable of making all things new.” @Pontifex 25 February 2019
- “Religious life consists in loving God with all your heart, and your neighbour as yourself.” @Pontifex 26 February 2019
- “If you believe in God you must try to live justly with everyone, according to the golden rule: “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you” (Mt 7,12).” @Pontifex 27 February 2019