This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 13 May 2018 to 23 May 2018.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 20 May 2018 – Holy Father’s videomessage to mark “The Grand Assembly” diocesan meeting on the theme Mission is our vocation [Pontoise, France, 19–20 May 2018]
- 14 May 2018 – Meeting with the Diocese of Rome
- 17 May 2018 – Presentation of Credential Letters by the Ambassadors of Tanzania, Lesotho, Pakistan, Mongolia, Denmark, Ethiopia, and Finland accredited to the Holy See
- “I express my great sorrow over the dead and wounded in the Holy Land and the Middle East. Violence never leads to peace. Therefore, I call on all sides involved and the international community to renew efforts so that dialogue, justice and peace may prevail.” @Pontifex 16 May 2018
- “God loves us in a way that crushes all loneliness and isolation.” @Pontifex 17 May 2018
- “Mary lived Jesus’ Beatitudes like no other: she is saintly among the saints, she shows us the way to holiness and accompanies us.” @Pontifex 18 May 2018
- “Never forget this golden rule: “Do to others what you would have them do to you” (Mt 7,12)” @Pontifex 19 May 2018
- “Holy Spirit, you who sustain the Church, come down upon us again, teach us unity, renew our hearts, and help us to love as Jesus taught us.” @Pontifex 20 May 2018
- “God needs people who bring His forgiveness and His mercy into the world.” @Pontifex 21 May 2018
- “A Christian’s life should be invested in Jesus, and spent for others.” @Pontifex 22 May 2018
- “A Church that loves the poor is always tuned to the God Channel. It never loses the Gospel signal.” @Pontifex 23 May 2018