The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 21 August 2013 – Pope Francis meets a group of students and teachers from the Seibu Gakuen Bunri Junior High School of Saitama, Japan
- “Jesus is the gate opening up to salvation, a gate open to everyone.” @pontifex, 27 September 2013
- “Let us allow Jesus into our lives, and leave behind our selfishness, indifference and closed attitudes to others.” @pontifex, 27 September 2013
- “The love of God is not something vague or generic; the love of God has a name and a face: Jesus Christ.” @pontifex, 29 September 2013
- “Faith is not something decorative or for show. To have faith means to put Christ truly at the centre of our lives.” @pontifex, 30 September 2013
- “Let us ask Mary to help us fix our eyes intently on Jesus, to follow him always, even when this is demanding.” @pontifex, 31 September 2013
- “Let us pray for peace: peace in the world and in each of our hearts.” @pontifex, 1 September 2013
- “War never again! Never again war!” @pontifex, 2 September 2013
- “We want a peaceful world, we want to be men and women of peace.” @pontifex, 2 September 2013
- “How much suffering, how much devastation, how much pain has the use of arms carried in its wake.” @pontifex, 2 September 2013
Note: Due to problems with using copyrighted material from the Vatican the eBook version of The Weekly Francis has been suspended. For users of the previous ebook volume I have some suggestions for alternatives on how to best read these documents especially on mobile platforms.