This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 7 October to 27 October 2013.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 15 October 2013 – To Card. Tarcisio Bertone, Camerlengo of Holy Roman Church, on the occasion of his retirement from the office of Secretary of State
- 7 October 2013 – To the President of the Governorate of Vatican City State, Card. Giuseppe Bertello, on the occasion of the elevation of the Secretary General, Fr. Fernando Vérgez Alzaga, L.C., to the dignity of Bishop
- 18 October 2013 – On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Vatican Television Centre (CTV)
- 14 October 2013 – To participants of the Plenary Assembly of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization
- 15 October 2013 – To the Superiors and Officials of the Secretariat of State on the occasion of Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone’s Retirement
- 21 October 2013 – To the President and Delegation of the Lutheran World Federation
- 24 October 2013 – To a Delegation of the Simon Wiesenthal Center
- 26 October 2013 – Pilgrimage of families to Rome on the occasion of the Year of Faith
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 21 October 2013 – Greed destroys people, families
- 22 October 2013 – God meddles with our lives and heals our wounds
- 24 October 2013 – We are made new in Christ
- 25 October 2013 – The grace of being ashamed
- “If we are to know the Lord, we must go to him. Listen to him in silence before the tabernacle and approach him in the Sacraments.” @pontifex, 21 October 2013
- “The crucifix does not signify defeat or failure. It reveals to us the Love that overcomes evil and sin.” @pontifex, 22 October 2013
- “Being a Christian means renouncing ourselves, taking up the cross and carrying it with Jesus. There is no other way.” @pontifex, 24 October 2013
- “The “throw-away” culture produces many bitter fruits, from wasting food to isolating many elderly people.” @pontifex, 25 October 2013
- “Too often we participate in the globalization of indifference. May we strive instead to live global solidarity.” @pontifex, 26 October 2013
- “Dear Followers I understand there are now over 10 million of you! I thank you with all my heart and ask you to continue praying for me” @pontifex, 27 October 2013
Note: Due to problems with using copyrighted material from the Vatican the eBook version of The Weekly Francis has been suspended. For users of the previous ebook volume I have some suggestions for alternatives on how to best read these documents especially on mobile platforms.