The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also cross-post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 6 August 2022 to 23 August 2022.
- 17 August 2022 – General Audience ’ Catechesis on Old Age – 17. The ‘Ancient of days’. Old age is a reassurance regarding the destination to a life that never dies again
- “The witness of the elderly unites the generations of life. Same with the dimensions of time: past, present and future. The various ages of life are not separate worlds competing with each other. The alliance of the elderly and children will save the human family. #BlessingOfTime” @Pontifex, 17 August 2022
- “Jesus shows us the patience of God, the merciful Father who calls us even at the last hour, who does not demand perfection but heartfelt enthusiasm, who wants to open a breach in our hardened hearts.” @Pontifex, 18 August 2022
- “To love like Jesus means to serve & give our life. To serve means to put others’ interests first, to fight the cancer of indifference, to share the gifts God has given us. To give our life means to leave egoism behind, to make our lives a gift, spending ourselves for all in need.” @Pontifex, 19 August 2022
- “Without humility we cannot encounter God, we cannot experience salvation, and we cannot even encounter our neighbour, the brother and sister living near us.” @Pontifex, 20 August 2022
- “I am following with concern and sorrow the situation created in Nicaragua. I would like to express my conviction and my hope that, through an open and sincere dialogue, the basis for a respectful and peaceful co-existence might still be found. #PrayTogether” @Pontifex, 21 August 2022
- “Jesus urges us to enter through the narrow door. This means following him in love, just like those who suffer because of their faith but who continue to pray and love, responding to evil with good, thus finding the strength to forgive. #GospelOfTheDay Lk 13:22–30” @Pontifex, 21 August 2022
- “The mercy of God, who has made us brothers and sisters, calls us to be builders of harmony and peace.” @Pontifex, 22 August 2022
- “#Peace is primarily an attitude of the heart. It is born of justice, grows in fraternity, flourishes on gratuitousness. It inspires us to serve the truth.” @Pontifex, 23 August 2022