This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 1 July 2021 to 20 July 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 3 July 2021 – Letter signed by the Holy Father to the major archbishop and bishops of the Synod of the Syro-Malabar Church
- 2 July 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father for the presentation of the Tenth World Meeting of Families in extraordinary form
- 2 July 2021 – Video message of the Holy Father to mark the International Meeting “Science for peace”
- “May the night of conflicts recede before a new dawn of hope. May hostilities cease, disagreements fade away, and Lebanon once more radiate the light of peace. Day of reflection and prayer for Lebanon” @Pontifex 1 July 2021
- “In the #GospelOfTheDay (Mk 6:1–6), Jesus invites us to have eyes and hearts free of prejudices and open to be amazed at God’s surprises, at His humble and hidden presence in daily life.” @Pontifex 4 July 2021
- “Like Jesus’s fellow villagers, we risk not recognising him. An abstract and distant god who doesn’t get himself involved in situations is more comfortable. God incarnated Himself: humble, tender, hidden, drawing near to us, living the normality of our daily life. #GospelOfTheDay” @Pontifex 4 July 2021
- “I am touched by the many caring messages received in these days. I thank everyone for their closeness and prayer.” @Pontifex 7 July 2021
- “The next World Meeting of Families on the theme ”Family love: a vocation and a path to holiness“ will take on a multi-centric and widespread format: each diocese will be able to be the center of a local Meeting for its own families and communities. Event” @Pontifex 20 July 2021