This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 16 July 2020 to 30 July 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- “#OurLadyOfMountCarmel, our mother, help us to have innocent hands and a pure heart, and not to utter lies or speak ill of our neighbor. Then we will be able to go up to the mountain of the Lord and obtain His blessing, His justice, and His salvation.” @Pontifex 16 July 2020
- “In the parable of the weeds from the #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 13:24–43), Jesus helps us understand God’s patience, opening our hearts to hope.” @Pontifex 19 July 2020
- “When love for parents and children is inspired and purified by love for the Lord, it then becomes wholly fruitful and produces good fruits within the #family itself and well beyond it.” @Pontifex 21 July 2020
- “Prophecy is born whenever we allow ourselves to be challenged by God, not when we are concerned to keep everything quiet and under control.” @Pontifex 22 July 2020
- “The true pilgrim is capable of going at the pace of the slowest person. And Jesus is capable of this. Jesus is our pilgrim companion. He respects our situation, and does not accelerate the pace. He is the Lord of patience.” @Pontifex 25 July 2020
- “The Kingdom of Heaven is the opposite of the superfluous things the world offers, the opposite of a dull life: it is a treasure that renews everyday life and leads it to extend towards wider horizons. #GospelOfTheDay” @Pontifex 26 July 2020
- “On the memorial of the Saints Joachim and Anne, Jesus’s “grandparents”, I would like to invite young people to do something tender towards the elderly, especially the loneliest, in their homes or residences. Dear young people, each elderly person is your grandparent!” @Pontifex 26 July 2020
- “When someone offers us a service, we should not think that we deserve everything. Gratitude, appreciation is, first of all, good manners, but it is also a characteristic of a Christian. It is a simple but genuine sign of the Kingdom of God.” @Pontifex 27 July 2020
- “Men and women who pray know that hope is stronger than discouragement. They believe that love is more powerful than death, and that love will surely triumph one day, even if it be in times and ways we do not know. #Prayer” @Pontifex 29 July 2020
- “Trafficking in persons still constitutes an open wound on the body of contemporary society. I offer heartfelt thanks to all those who work on behalf of the innocent victims of the commodification of the human person. Much remains to be done! #EndHumanTrafficking” @Pontifex 30 July 2020
- “#Friendship is one of life’s gifts and a grace from God. Faithful friends, who stand at our side in times of difficulty, are a reflection of the Lord’s love, His gentle and consoling presence in our lives.” @Pontifex 30 July 2020