The Weekly Francis – Volume 142 – 1 June 2016
This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from From 12 May 2016 to 1 June 2016.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 12 May 2016 – St Philip and the chicken
- 17 May 2016 – The desire to climb
- 19 May 2016 – Modern-day leeches
- 26 May 2016 – Holy Mass on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
- 29 May 2016 – Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy: Jubilee of Deacons
- 21 May 2016 – Message of the Holy Father, read by His Eminence Card. Pietro Parolin, Secretary State, to the Secretary-General of the United Nations on the occasion of the 1st World Humanitarian Summit (Istanbul, 23-24 May 2016)
- 16 May 2016 – To the Italian Episcopal Conference
- 19 May 2016 – Address on the occasion of the Presentation of the Letters of Credence by the Ambassadors of Estonia, Malawi, Namibia, the Seychelles, Thailand and Zambia accredited to the Holy See
- “Loving and forgiving are tangible and visible signs that faith has transformed our hearts.” @Pontifex 19 May 2016
- “The firm commitment for human rights springs from an awareness of the unique and supreme value of each person.” @Pontifex 20 May 2016
- “Each one of us can be a bridge of encounter between diverse cultures and religions, a way to rediscover our common humanity.” @Pontifex 21 May 2016
- “The feast of the Most Holy Trinity renews our mission of living in communion with God and all people on the model of the divine communion.” @Pontifex 22 May 2016
- “In a broken world, to communicate with mercy means to help create closeness between the children of God.” @Pontifex 23 May 2016
- “God can fill our hearts with his love and help us continue our journey together towards the land of freedom and life.” @Pontifex 24 May 2016
- “With the weapons of love, God has defeated selfishness and death. His son Jesus is the door of mercy wide open to all.” @Pontifex 25 May 2016
- “Jesus gives himself to us in the Eucharist, offering himself as spiritual food that sustains our life.” @Pontifex 26 May 2016
- “Mary is an icon of how the Church must offer forgiveness to those who seek it.” @Pontifex 27 May 2016
- “Remain steadfast in the journey of faith, with firm hope in the Lord. This is the secret of our journey!” @Pontifex 28 May 2016
- “By receiving the Eucharist we are nourished of the Body and Blood of Jesus, and by entering us, Jesus joins us to his Body!” @Pontifex 29 May 2016
- “We are stewards, not masters of our earth. Each of us has a personal responsibility to care for the precious gift of God’s creation.” @Pontifex 30 May 2016
- “I join spiritually all those taking part in special devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary on this last day of the month of May.” @Pontifex 31 May 2016
- “When disciples of Christ are transparent in heart and sensitive in life, they bring the Lord’s light to the places where they live and work.” @Pontifex 1 June 2016
How’d he, “I” mean howdy Jeff… It’s been a long time since I’ve last read and/or commented on material that you’ve written on versions of “The Weekly Francis.”
Long story short… sinner vic conned, “I” mean convinced me to read only one item and he even conned me to say that “I” should write a little something now and then a class of wine appears in my “Left” hand so what else could “I” do but take a sip… and start reading “St Philip and the chicken” while doing so.
“We should bite our tongue when tempted to speak ill of others, because a “gossip monger” is a Christian counter witness, and even causes divisions in the Church.”
Most people would say that it’s not easy to bite your tongue… my dad, God Bless his soul, he use to curl “IT” under his lower room, “I” mean his lower teeth and then his upper teeth would team up to bite “IT”… whenever he did that… not a word was spoken and everyone knew he meant business… Long story short… “I” don’t think that’s what His holiness Papa Francis means that Christians should literally bite their tongues but then again, wouldn’t “IT” be a LOT easier than chasing feathers after the fact?
He never stops praying: “Jesus continues to do so in heaven, as our intercessor”. It is important to understand “what Jesus is asking of the Father at this moment: ‘so that they may all be one, as You, Father are in Me and I in you, that they also may be in us”.
I think that Jesus wanted and still wants all of us (usual sinners) to make “IT” to Heaven and to be “ONE” with His Father and The Holy Spirit but “I” don’t believe that He ever said that “IT” would be easy… the way “I” see “IT”… Jesus concentrated on His Apostles and He wanted all of them to make “IT” first and show us the way. Nowadays “IT” seems that we know what GOD (Good Old Dad) really wanted was for us to live the life which we chose and “IT” doesn’t matter which ones of His Angels that we follow because GOD loves them all… Hey Victor… what’s wrong with all of us usual sinners… I mean us gods can make “IT” a LOT, “I” mean a lot easier for all of YA objects, “I” mean all of YA animals… no… no… “I” meant to say… why can’t YA good human beings believe in us gods who can make you live forever.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMS9y8OVuY Don’t YA want to know, “I” mean find YAR lowest common denominate her, “I” mean denominator or do You all want to keep believing in people like https://www.facebook.com/ and……………………………………………………………………………………………..and……………………………………………………………….and…
END! END! END YA SAY sinner vic? DON’T BE LIKE THAT! BE NICE NOW!
God Bless Peace
Love the way YA comment Victor. “IT” is a pleasure to read them. Thanks.
Thank you for the vote of confidence Joseph but truth be known if “IT” wasn’t for Jeff and his psychology angels who give him the strength to put up with some of my silliness… most of my writing would not stand a chance…LOL… 🙂