This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 18 June 2021 to 23 June 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post on Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- “The current pandemic has reminded us that there are no differences or boundaries between those suffering. The time has come to eliminate inequality and to cure injustice that is undermining the health of the entire human family.” @Pontifex 18 June 2021
- “Underlying all our strengths and weaknesses, stronger than all our past hurts and failures, or our fears and concerns about the future, there is this great truth: we are beloved sons and daughters.” @Pontifex 18 June 2021
- “God knows that the only way to save us, to heal us from within, is by loving us. He knows that we become better only by accepting his unfailing love, an unchanging love that changes us.” @Pontifex 19 June 2021
- “How often we leave the Lord in a corner, at the bottom of the boat of life, to wake Him only in a moment of need! Let us ask for the grace of a faith that never tires of seeking the Lord, of knocking at the door of his heart. #GospelOfTheDay (Mk 4:35–41)” @Pontifex 20 June 2021
- “With the Bishops of Myanmar I plead that humanitarian corridors be allowed and that churches, pagodas, monasteries, mosques, temples, schools and hospitals be respected as neutral places of refuge. May the Heart of Christ touch the hearts of all bringing peace to Myanmar!” @Pontifex 20 June 2021
- “Let us open our hearts to refugees, making our own their sorrows and joys; may we learn from their courageous resilience! In this way, together we can help create a more humane community, one big family. #WorldRefugeeDay” @Pontifex 20 June 2021
- “Christ is alive and desires that each of you live. He is the true beauty and youth of this world. Everything he touches becomes young, becomes new, full of life and meaning.” @Pontifex 21 June 2021
- “Even at the darkest moments, as in these months of pandemic, the Lord continues to send angels to console our loneliness and to remind us: “I am with you always”. #IamWithYouAlways
@laityfamilylife Message” @Pontifex 22 June 2021
- “Dear grandmother, dear grandfather, the Lord’s closeness will grant to all, even the frailest among us, the strength needed to embark on a new journey along the path of dreams, memory and prayer. #DayforGrandparentsandtheElderly
@laityfamilylife” @Pontifex 22 June 2021
- “The path indicated by Saint Paul in his Letter to the Galatians is the path of meek and obedient trust, in the certainty that the Holy Spirit works in the Church in every age. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 23 June 2021