The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc., which I also cross-post on Jimmy Akin’s blog.
This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week, from 30 January 2023 to 8 March 2023.
- 8 March 2023 – General Audience – Catechesis. The passion for evangelization’ the apostolic zeal of the believer. 6. The Second Vatican Ecumenical Council. 1. Evangelization as ecclesial service
- 30 January 2023 – Chirograph of the Holy Father for the new Statutes of the Institute for the Works of Religion
- 4 March 2023 – To the Editorial Board of the television program ‘A sua immagine’
- 6 March 2023 – To the Community of the ‘Saint Mary Seminary’ of the diocese of Cleveland, United States of America
- “Let us #PrayTogether for those who have suffered because of the wrongs done to them by members of the Church. May they find within the Church herself a concrete response to their pain and suffering. #PrayerIntention #ClickToPray Video” @Pontifex, 2 March 2023
- “Our whole life of faith is a shared experience, for we follow Jesus together. Our Lenten journey is “synodal”, since we travel together along the same path, as disciples of the one Master. #Lent” @Pontifex, 4 March 2023
- “The #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 17:1–9) teaches us how important it is to remain with Jesus. In fact, it is by staying with him that we learn to recognize on his face the luminous beauty of love he gives us, even when it bears the marks of the cross.” @Pontifex, 5 March 2023
- “These past days, my thought has been often gone to the victims of the train accident that happened in Greece. Many were young students. I am praying for the deceased. I am near the wounded and their relatives. May Our Lady comfort them.” @Pontifex, 5 March 2023
- “I am praying for the numerous victims of the shipwreck that took place off of Cutro, near Crotone. I renew my appeal that similar tragedies may not be repeated. Let the human traffickers be stopped so they do not continue to dispose of the lives of so many innocent people!” @Pontifex, 5 March 2023
- “The path of poverty and self-denial (fasting), concern and acts of love for wounded humanity (almsgiving), and familiar dialogue with the Father (prayer) make it possible for us to incarnate a sincere faith, a living hope, and active charity. #Lent” @Pontifex, 6 March 2023
- “In this Season of #Lent, let us exercise interior clarity, placing ourselves before the #WordOfGod in #prayer, so that an advantageous struggle against the evil that enslaves us, a struggle for freedom, may take place within us.” @Pontifex, 7 March 2023
- “Let us #PrayTogether so that #women, every woman, may be respected, protected and esteemed. Violence against women and mothers is violence against God himself, who from a woman, from a mother, took on our human condition.” @Pontifex, 8 March 2023
- “Every baptized person is sent to announce the Good News by loving and serving others. We cannot remain mere spectators. Apostolic zeal impels us to always seek new ways of proclaiming and witnessing to God’s love. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex, 8 March 2023