The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also cross-post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 6 December 2021 to 15 December 2021.
- 8 December 2021 – Chirograph of the Holy Father Francis on the institution of theFratelli tutti Foundation
- 6 December 2021 – Apostolic Journey to Cyprus and Greece’ Press Conference on the return flight to Rome
- 10 December 2021 – To members of the Union of Italian Catholic Jurists
- 15 December 2021 – To the Organisers and Artists of the Christmas Concert in the Vatican
- “We’re all called to contribute courageously and decisively to respect everyone’s basic rights, especially of those who are ‘invisible’: the hungry and thirsty, the naked, the sick, strangers or prisoners, those living on the margins or are discarded from society. #HumanRightsDay” @Pontifex, 10 December 2021
- “God never tires of waiting for us. When we turn away, He comes to look for us; when we fall, He picks us up; when we return to Him after losing our way, He waits for us with open arms. His love is always gives us the courage to start anew.” @Pontifex, 11 December 2021
- “Today I would like to extend my best wishes to Caritas Internationalis on its 70th anniversary. May you continue to witness to and incarnate the love of the Church for the poor and the most vulnerable all over the world! @iamcaritas” @Pontifex, 12 December 2021
- ““What should we do?” (Lk. 3:10). With this question, the #GospelOfTheDay reminds us that life has a task for us. Life is a gift that the Lord grants us, saying to us: discover who you are, and work hard to make the dream that is your life come true!” @Pontifex, 12 December 2021
- “Let us #PrayTogether for dear Ukraine, so that the tensions be resolved through dialogue, not with weapons. I am saddened that this year more weapons were produced than last year. Weapons are not the way. May this year’s celebration of the Lord’s Birth bring peace to Ukraine.” @Pontifex, 12 December 2021
- “Life is a time for making decisive, eternal choices. Trivial choices lead to a trivial life; great choices to a life of greatness. In fact, we become what we choose. If we choose God, we grow daily in his love, and if we choose to love others, we find true happiness.” @Pontifex, 13 December 2021
- “#Advent invites us to prepare ourselves for Christmas, welcoming Jesus without fear. If we open wide the doors of our life, everything takes on a new light and our family, work, suffering, health, friendship, become opportunities to discover His consoling presence.” @Pontifex, 14 December 2021
- “As we draw near to #Christmas, let us learn from Saint Joseph how to cultivate spaces for silence in which another Word can emerge, that of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex, 15 December 2021
- “In the past few hours there has been a devastating explosion in #Haiti in which many people, including children, lost their lives. I am close to the families of the victims, as well as the injured. Let us #PrayTogether for these our brothers and sisters who are so sorely tried.” @Pontifex, 15 December 2021