This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 27 May 2021 to 2 June 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post on Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 29 May 2021 – Video message of the Holy Father on occasion of the tenth anniversary of the creation of “Rezandovoy”, a project of the Society of Jesus in Spain, 29 May 2021
- 29 May 2021 – Message of the Holy Father for the funeral celebration of His Beatitude Gregory Peter XX Ghabroyan, Patriarch of Cilicia of the Armenians
- “The first advice offered by the Holy Spirit is, “Live in the present”. There is no better time for us: now, here and now, is the one and only time to do good, to make our life a gift. Let us live in the present!” @Pontifex 27 May 2021
- “Secondly, the Holy Spirit tells us, “Look to the whole”. The Paraclete impels us to unity, to concord, to the harmony of diversity. He makes us see ourselves as parts of the same body, brothers and sisters of one another. Let us look to the whole!” @Pontifex 27 May 2021
- “Finally, the third advice is, “Put God before yourself”. Only by emptying ourselves, do we leave room for the Lord; only by giving ourselves to him, do we find ourselves; only by becoming poor in spirit, do we become rich in the Holy Spirit. Let us put God in first place!” @Pontifex 27 May 2021
- “May the Holy Spirit teach us to view the world with God’s eyes and to treat our brothers and sisters with the gentleness of His heart.” @Pontifex 28 May 2021
- “The Holy Spirit impels us to love not only those who love us and think as we do, but to love everyone, even as Jesus taught us. He enables us to forgive our enemies and the wrongs we have endured. He inspires us to be active and creative in love.” @Pontifex 29 May 2021
- “The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is an immense mystery, which exceeds the capacities of our minds, but that speaks to our heart, because we find it encompassed in that expression of Saint John which summarizes all of Revelation: “God is love”.” @Pontifex 30 May 2021
- “If we forget the good, our hearts shrink. But if, like Mary, we remember the great things that the Lord does, if at least once a day we offer a short #prayer of praise, our hearts will expand and joy will increase. #Visitation” @Pontifex 31 May 2021
- “We pray to you, Blessed Mother, that you might untangle the knots that oppress us so that we can witness with joy to your Son and our Lord, Jesus Christ.” @Pontifex 31 May 2021
- “Video – The Beauty of Marriage” @Pontifex 1 June 2021
- “Even if our prayers might ramble and be weakened by a wavering faith, we must never stop putting our trust in Jesus. Supported by Jesus’ #prayer, our timid prayers rest on eagles’ wings and soar up to heaven. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 2 June 2021