This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 25 September 2018 to 3 October 2018.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 3 October 2018 – Papal Chapel for the opening of the 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops
- 25 September 2018 – Apostolic Journey to Lithuania, Lettonia and Estonia: Press Conference on the return flight from Tallin (Estonia) to Rome (Papal flight, 25 September 2018)
- 28 September 2018 – To the Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums
- 3 October 2018 – Opening of the XV Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: Introductory Prayer and Greeting of the Pope
- “I hope that a new phase may open up in China, that will help to heal the wounds of the past, restore and maintain full communiion with all Chinese Catholics, and take up the proclamation of the Gospel with renewed commitment. http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/messages/pont-messages/2018/documents/papa-francesco_20180926_messaggio-cattolici-cinesi.html …” @Pontifex 26 September 2018
- “Jesus gave us a simple programme for journeying towards holiness: the commandment of love for God and our neighbo” @Pontifex 27 September 2018
- “Life becomes more beautiful when we discover that our spirit finds rest in God alone.” @Pontifex 28 September 2018
- “St Michael, help us to fight for our salvation. St Gabriel, bring us the Good News that gives hope. St Raphael, protect us on our journey.” @Pontifex 29 September 2018
- “Sunday is the day to say to God: thank you Lord, for life, for your mercy, and for all your gifts!” @Pontifex 30 September 2018
- “The holy anxiety for the Gospel is the only anxiety that gives peace.” @Pontifex 1 October 2018
- “We fly to Thy protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O Glorious and Blessed Virgin. #PrayForTheChurch” @Pontifex 1 October 2018
- “The presence of our Guardian Angel in our life is not just to assist us along the journey, but to show us where we need to go. #SantaMarta” @Pontifex 2 October 2018
- “We ask for the grace to listen to one another, in order to discern together what the Lord is asking of His Church. #Synod2018” @Pontifex 3 October 2018