This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 17 November 2020 to 9 December 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 8 December 2020 – Apostolic Letter Patris Corde of the Holy Father Francis on the 150th Anniversary of the proclamation of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church
- 17 November 2020 – Chirograph of the Holy Father for the establishment in canonical and Vatican juridical person of the “Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network” Foundation
- 5 December 2020 – Chirograph signed by the Holy Father – Statute of the Supervisory and Financial Information Authority (ASIF)
- 3 December 2020 – Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to mark the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPwD)
- 8 December 2020 – Video message of the Holy Father to mark the end of the National Marian Year in Argentina
- 21 November 2020 – Apostolic Letter in the form of a “Motu Proprio” “Ab initio”, of the Supreme Pontiff Francis on the amendment of cannons 435 §1 and 506 §1 of the Code of Canons of the Oriental Churches
- 4 December 2020 – Address of His Holiness Pope Francis for the presentation of Credential Letters by the Ambassadors of Jordan, Kazakhstan, Zambia, Mauritania, Uzbekistan, Madagascar, Estonia, Rwanda, Denmark and India accredited to the Holy See
- “The first step of faith is to tell God that we need him, that we need him to be close to us. Thus, if we ask Jesus to come close to us, we will train ourselves to be watchful.” @Pontifex 3 December 2020
- “Inclusion should be the “rock” on which to build programmes and initiatives of civil institutions meant to ensure that no one, especially those in greatest difficulty, is left behind. #IDPD” @Pontifex 3 December 2020
- “To help our society to “build back better”, inclusion of the vulnerable must also entail efforts to promote their active participation. #IDPD Message” @Pontifex 3 December 2020
- “Come, Lord Jesus, make our distracted hearts watchful. Awaken within us the desire to pray and the need to love.” @Pontifex 4 December 2020
- “Just as before our birth, our loved ones awaited us, so now Love in person awaits us. If we are awaited in Heaven, why should we be caught up with earthly concerns? Why should we waste time complaining about the night, when the light of day awaits us?” @Pontifex 5 December 2020
- “Conversion is a grace that we need to forcefully ask God for. We are converted to the degree in which we open ourselves up to the beauty, the goodness, the tenderness of God. Thus let us leave what is false and fleeting for what is true, beautiful and everlasting. #GospelOfTheDay” @Pontifex 6 December 2020
- “I want to be close to all doctors and nurses during this time in which the pandemic calls us to be near all men and women who suffer. Thank you for drawing near to them, thanks for your tenderness, thanks for your professionalism in taking care of the sick.” @Pontifex 7 December 2020
- “The uncontaminated beauty of our Mother is incomparable, but at the same time it attracts us. Let us entrust ourselves to her and say “no” to sin and “yes” to Grace once and for all. #Angelus” @Pontifex 8 December 2020
- “150 years after the proclamation of St Joseph as Patron of the Catholic Church, I would like to share some personal reflections on this extraordinary figure, so close to our own human experience.
Apostolic Letter” @Pontifex 8 December 2020