Being the last day of the year means I have finished the 365-day books I had used this year.
This time around it was:
- Through the Year With Fulton Sheen: Inspirational Selections for Each Day of the Year
- A Year With the Mystics: Visionary Wisdom for Daily Living by Kathryn Jean Lopez.
They were both excellent. Lopez’s book really had quite diverse selections. There were of course selections from the most famous mystics, but this collection goes deep.
For 2021 I will be going through “365 Days of Catholic Wisdom: A Treasury of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness”
Looking back my favorite of these types of books have been.
- Co-Workers of the Truth: Meditations for Every Day of the Year – Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
- A Daily Defense – Jimmy Akin
- A Year with Mary and A Year with the Saints – Paul Thigpen
- The Business of Heaven: Daily Readings – C. S. Lewis