This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 29 October 2020 to 4 November 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 1 November 2020 – Letter of His Holiness Pope Francis to Cardinal-elect Silvano Maria Tomasi for the appointment as special delegate to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (1st November 2020)
- “I am close to the Catholic community of #Nice, mourning the attack that sowed death in a place of prayer and consolation. I pray for the victims, for their families and for the beloved French people, that they may respond to evil with good.” @Pontifex 29 October 2020
- “Jesus challenges us to put aside all differences and, in the face of suffering, to draw near to others with no questions asked. #FratelliTutti” @Pontifex 30 October 2020
- “We need to look at our cities with a contemplative gaze, a gaze of faith which sees God dwelling in homes, on the streets and squares. This presence must be found, discovered. God does not hide himself from those who seek him with a sincere heart. #WorldCitiesDay” @Pontifex 31 October 2020
- “Every saint is a message which the Holy Spirit takes from the riches of Jesus Christ and gives to his people. #GaudeteEtExsultate #AllSaintsDay ” @Pontifex 1 November 2020
- “Choosing purity, meekness and mercy; choosing to entrust oneself to the Lord in poverty of spirit and in affliction; dedicating oneself to justice and peace – this means going against the current. This evangelical path was trodden by #AllTheSaints and Blesseds. #GospelOfTheDay” @Pontifex 1 November 2020
- “Today we pray for all the #FaithfulDeparted and especially for the victims of the #Coronavirus: for those who have died alone, without the caress of their loved ones; and for those who have given their lives serving the sick.” @Pontifex 2 November 2020
- “I express my sorrow and dismay for the terrorist attack in #Vienna, and I pray for the victims and their families. Enough violence! Let us together strengthen peace and fraternity. Only love can silence hate.” @Pontifex 3 November 2020
- “Let us attend the school of Jesus Christ, teacher of #Prayer. May we learn from Him that prayer is primarily listening and encountering God, an art to be practiced with insistence, the place where we perceive that everything comes from God and returns to Him. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 4 November 2020