This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 3 September 2020 to 17 September 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 3 September 2020 – To a group of lay people from France engaged in the field of ecology
- 11 September 2020 – To the participants in the annual Meeting of the International Gynaecologic Cancer Society
- 12 September 2020 – To the Participants in the meeting of the Laudato si’ Communities
- 12 September 2020 – To the relatives of the teenagers tragically perished in the nightclub in Corinaldo (Ancona)
- “The Sorrowful Virgin whose pierced heart mourned the death of Jesus now grieves for the sufferings of the crucified poor and for the creatures of this world laid waste by human power. #SeasonOfCreation” @Pontifex 15 September 2020
- “Climate restoration is of utmost importance for the Earth’s future. Thus, I invite all nations to adopt more ambitious national targets to reduce emissions. #SeasonOfCreation” @Pontifex 16 September 2020
- “As many spiritual masters have taught us, heaven, earth, sea, and every creature have an iconic capacity or mystical capacity to bring us back to the Creator and to communion with creation. #SeasonOfCreation #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 16 September 2020
- “Contemplation, which leads us to an attitude of care, is not a question of looking at nature from the outside, as if we were not immersed in it. But we are inside nature, we are part of nature. #SeasonOfCreation #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 16 September 2020
- “To contemplate and to care: these are two attitudes that show the way to correct and rebalance our relationship as human beings with creation. #SeasonOfCreation #GeneralAudience
General Audience” @Pontifex 16 September 2020
- “Today, the nature that surrounds us is no longer admired, but “devoured”. We must return to contemplation; so as not to be distracted by a thousand useless things, we must find silence; for the heart not to become sick, we must be still. #SeasonOfCreation” @Pontifex 17 September 2020