This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 9 July 2020 to 14 July 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- “Faith is either missionary or it is no faith at all. Faith takes us out of ourselves and toward others. Faith must be transmitted, not to convince but to offer a treasure. Let us ask the Lord to help us live our faith with open doors: a transparent faith.” @Pontifex 9 July 2020
- “#SaintBenedict, Patron of Europe, show us Christians of today how joyful hope always springs from faith, and how this can change the world.” @Pontifex 11 July 2020
- “The #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 13:1–23) recalls that the Word of God is a fruitful and effective seed that God scatters generously everywhere. If we want, we can become good soil, ploughed and carefully cultivated, to help ripen the seed of the Word. Making it fruitful depends on us.” @Pontifex 12 July 2020
- “On this #SeaSunday, we entrust to the Virgin Mary, Star of the Sea, all maritime personnel, fishermen, and their families. They have made many sacrifices – even during the lockdown – to continue working to provide us with food and other primary needs.” @Pontifex 12 July 2020
- “On the Day of Judgment we will not be judged for our ideas, but for the compassion we have shown to others.” @Pontifex 14 July 2020