This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 23 February 2020 to 1 March 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- “We pray, fast, and perform the works of mercy in this time of grace, so that the Lord might find our hearts ready and fill them with the victory of His love. #Lent” @Pontifex 27 February 2020
- “#Lent is great time to make space for the Word of God. It is time to turn off the TV and open the Bible. It is a time to pull ourselves away from cell phones and connect ourselves to the Gospel.” @Pontifex 28 February 2020
- “Dignity of the person, justice, subsidiarity and solidarity: this it the contribution of the Church’s social teaching in our common pursuit of “algor-ethics”. The Call that has been signed today is an important step in this direction. #renAIssance http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/speeches/2020/february/documents/papa-francesco_20200228_accademia-perlavita.html” @Pontifex 28 February 2020
- “#RareDiseaseDay offers us the opportunity to together care for our brothers and sisters who are ill, to integrate research, medical care, and social assistance so that they might enjoy equal opportunities and lead a full life.” @Pontifex 29 February 2020
- “May we allow ourselves to be reconciled, in order to live as beloved children, as forgiven and healed sinners, as wayfarers with him at our side. #Lent” @Pontifex 29 February 2020
- “The #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 4:1–11) shows how Jesus responds to the tempter who tries three times to ensnare Him. May His experience also help us to be vigilant in the face of temptation and not to surrender to any idol of this world. #Lent” @Pontifex 1 March 2020
- “I ask you to remember me in your prayers and also the members of the Roman Curia, who this evening begin a week of Spiritual Exercises.” @Pontifex 1 March 2020