This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 29 January 2020 to 5 February 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 1 February 2020 – XXIV World Day For Consecrated Life – Feast of the Presentation of the Lord
- 3 February 2020 – Message of the Holy Father for the 150th anniversary of Rome as capital of Italy
- 31 January 2020 – To participants in the International Congress “The richness of many years of life”
- 1 February 2020 – To members of the GVM Care & Research – Italian Healthcare Company
- “The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.” (Mk 4:24). Let us ask the Lord for the grace to not fear the cross, let us ask for the capacity to feel humiliated, because this is the path He has chosen for us to be saved. #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 30 January 2020
- “May the holiness of Saint #JohnBosco, who we remember today as a father and teacher to youth, be a guide, especially to you dear young people, in achieving your future projects, as you welcome the plan that God has for each of us.” @Pontifex 31 January 2020
- “May the Lord give us the grace to send us a prophet always – be they a friend, our confessor, our child, our mother – who warns us when we are slipping into a feeling that everything seems legitimate because we have lost our sense of sin. #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 31 January 2020
- “Whoever keeps their gaze fixed on Jesus learns to live in order to serve. They do not wait for others to start, but set out to seek their neighbor. #ConsecratedLife” @Pontifex 1 February 2020
- “Today we celebrate the #WorldDayforConsecratedLife. Let us pray for consecrated men and women who dedicate themselves to God and to their brothers and sisters through daily service: may they be ever faithful witnesses of Christ’s love. http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/homilies/2020/documents/papa-francesco_20200201_omelia-vitaconsacrata.html” @Pontifex 2 February 2020
- “The #GospeloftheDay (Lk 2:22–40), for the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, shows us the amazement of Mary, Joseph, Simeon and Anne at what was happening before their eyes. The ability to be amazed makes our encounter with the Lord fruitful.” @Pontifex 2 February 2020
- “Loneliness is not overcome by closing in on ourselves, but by crying out to the Lord, for the Lord hears the cry of those who find themselves alone.” @Pontifex 3 February 2020
- “Brothers and sisters, in moments when we are far from God, it would do us good to hear this voice in our heart: ”My son, my daughter, what are you doing? Please, don’t kill yourself. I died for you.“ #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 4 February 2020
- “The Document on Human Fraternity, signed one year ago, has written a new page in the dialogue between religions and people of good will. As brothers and sisters, we want to say ”no“ to violence, and together promote peace, life, and religious freedom.” @Pontifex 4 February 2020
- “There is a poverty that we must accept, that of our own being, and a poverty that we must seek instead – a concrete one – from the things of this world, in order to be free and to be able to love. #GeneralAudience #Beatitudes” @Pontifex 5 February 2020