This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 8 January 2020 to 15 January 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- “Hope is not utopian and peace is a good that can always be attained. http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/speeches/2020/january/documents/papa-francesco_20200109_corpo-diplomatico.html” @Pontifex 9 January 2020
- “In worship, we learn to reject what should not be worshiped: the god of money, the god of consumerism, the god of pleasure, the god of success, the god of self.” @Pontifex 10 January 2020
- “Worship means bending low before the Most High and to discover in His presence that life’s greatness does not consist in having, but in loving.” @Pontifex 10 January 2020
- “Worship means going to Jesus without a list of petitions, but with one request alone: to abide with Him. In worship, we allow Jesus to heal and change us.” @Pontifex 11 January 2020
- “In worship, we make it possible for the Lord to transform us by His love, to kindle light amid our darkness, to grant us strength in weakness and courage amid trials.” @Pontifex 11 January 2020
- “On the Feast of the #BaptismoftheLord, we rediscover our Baptism. Just as Jesus is the Father’s beloved Son, we too, reborn by water and the Holy Spirit, know that we are beloved children of God, brothers and sisters among many other brothers and sisters.” @Pontifex 12 January 2020
- “In the Christian life, it is not enough to be knowledgeable: unless we step out of ourselves, unless we worship, we cannot not know God. Christian life is a love story with God.” @Pontifex 13 January 2020
- “Jesus had authority because there was consistency in what he taught and what he did, in how he lived. Authority is seen in this: consistency and witness. #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 14 January 2020
- “May the Holy Spirit revive in each of us the call to be courageous and joyful evangelizers. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 15 January 2020