This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 8 August 2019 to 28 August 2019.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 8 August 2019 – Chirograph of the Holy Father for the new Statutes of the Institute for the Works of Religion (IOR)
- “May the Lord open our hearts to the needs of the poor, the defenseless, those who knock on our door to be recognized as a person.” @Pontifex 22 August 2019
- “All of us have been created in the image and likeness of God and have the same dignity. Let us stop slavery! #IDRSTA” @Pontifex 23 August 2019
- “May God who remembers us, God who heals our wounded memories by anointing them with hope, God who is near to lift us up from within, help us to build up the good and to console hearts.” @Pontifex 24 August 2019
- “In today’s Gospel, Jesus explains how in Heaven there is no ”limited number“, but in order to get there, already in this life we must pass through the ”narrow gate“: loving God and our neighbour. And this is not easy! #Angelus” @Pontifex 25 August 2019
- “Whoever draws near to God will not stumble, but strives ahead: beginning anew, trying again, rebuilding.” @Pontifex 26 August 2019
- “The light of God enlightens those who welcome it.” @Pontifex 27 August 2019
- “We ask for the grace not to be lukewarm Christians, living on half measures, letting love grow cold.” @Pontifex 28 August 2019