This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 21 November 2018 to 23 January 2019.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 13 January 2019 – Feast of the Baptism of the Lord (13 January 2018)
- 18 January 2019 – Friday of the 1st Week in Ordinary Time – Vespers for the beginning of the Octave of Prayer for Christian Unity
- 21 November 2018 – Videomessage of the Holy Father to young people on the occasion of the 34th World Youth Day 2019 [Panama, 22–27 January 2019]
- 18 January 2019 – Video Message of the Holy Father to the participants in the World Indigenous Youth Gathering (EMJI) [Soloy-Panama, 17–21 January 2019]
- 19 January 2019 – To members of the Ecumenical Delegation of the Lutheran Church of Finland on the occasion of the Feast of Saint Henrik
- “Let us be careful not to have a perverse heart that leads to cowardice; an obstinate heart that leads to being shut off; a heart that is slave to the seduction that leads to a Christian life of compromise. #SantaMarta” @Pontifex 17 January 2019
- “Today marks the beginning of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: all of us are asked to implore from God this great gift.” @Pontifex 18 January 2019
- “Prayer from a humble heart is heard by God.” @Pontifex 19 January 2019
- “What will remain on the threshold of eternity is not how much we earned, but how much we gave away.” @Pontifex 20 January 2019
- “The Christian way is that of the Beatitudes: meekness, humility, patience in suffering, love for justice, ability to endure persecution, not judging others… #SantaMarta” @Pontifex 21 January 2019
- “Saying “yes” to God’s love is the first step to being happy, and to making many other people happy.” @Pontifex 22 January 2019
- “I am leaving for the World Youth Day in Panama. I ask you to pray for this very beautiful and important event on the path of the Church.” @Pontifex 23 January 2019