This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 2 December 2018 to 20 December 2018.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 2 December 2018 – Message of the Holy Father for the beatification of the martyrs Msgr. Pierre Claverie, O.P., bishop of Oran and 18 companions (men and women religious) in Algeria
- 8 December 2018 – 52nd World Day of Peace 2019 – Good politics is at the service of peace
- 10 December 2018 – Holy Father’s message to participants at the International Conference “Human Rights in the Contemporary World: Achievements, Omissions, Negations” [Rome, 10–11 December 2018]
- 13 December 2018 – Holy Father’s message to participants at Study Day on Water promoted by the FAO in Madrid
- 7 December 2018 – To the Delegations who donated the Crib and the Christmas Tree in St. Peter’s Square
- 14 December 2018 – To Performers and Organizers of the Christmas Concert
- “This is the first step in order to grow on our journey of faith: listening. Before speaking, listen.” @Pontifex 14 December 2018
- “Our life spreads light when it is given in service. The secret of joy is living to serve.” @Pontifex 15 December 2018
- “Joy, prayer and gratitude are three ways that prepare us to experience Christmas in an authentic way. #Advent” @Pontifex 16 December 2018
- ““O Wisdom from the mouth of the Most High, you fill the whole world. With strength and gentleness you order all things: come to teach us the way of prudence.” #AdventAntiphons” @Pontifex 17 December 2018
- “Jesus knows well the pain of not being welcomed. May our hearts not be closed as were the houses in Bethlehem. #Internationalmigrantsday” @Pontifex 18 December 2018
- “Be like Saint Joseph: a man of dreams, not a dreamer; a man of silence, because he respects God’s plan. #SantaMarta” @Pontifex 18 December 2018
- “Advent is a time for us to prepare for the coming of Jesus, Prince of Peace. It’s a time to make peace with ourselves and our neighbours. #Advent” @Pontifex 19 December 2018
- “God enters history and does so in His original style: surprise. The God of surprises always surprises us. #SantaMarta” @Pontifex 20 December 2018