This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 24 August 2017 to 5 September 2017.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 24 August 2017 – Video message of the Holy Father to the centre for student inmates at the prison complex of Ezeiza (Argentina)
- 26 August 2017 – Video message of the Holy Father to the Polish pilgrims gathered to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Coronation of the image of Our Lady of Częstochowa, Queen of Poland
- 1 September 2017 – Joint message of Pope Francis and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew on the World Day of Prayer for Creation
- 2 September 2017 – Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to participants in the National Day of the Holy See at Expo 2017 in Astana
- 24 August 2017 – To participants in the 68th National Liturgical Week in Italy
- 31 August 2017 – To the Delegation of Rabbis for the presentation of the Statement “Between Jerusalem and Rome”
- 2 September 2017 – To the Korean Council of Religious Leaders
- “If you pay attention to the heart, you will find you are close to the Lord and to others.” @Pontifex 31 August 2017
- “Lord, teach us to contemplate you in the beauty of creation and reawaken our gratitude and sense of responsibility.” @Pontifex 1 September 2017
- “Jesus is always there with an open heart. He throws open the mercy that he has in his heart. He forgives, embraces, and understands.” @Pontifex 2 September 2017
- “It is much more important to realize how much God loves us, than how much we ourselves love Him.” @Pontifex 3 September 2017
- “Jesus is present in so many of our brothers and sisters who suffer today like He did.” @Pontifex 4 September 2017
- “Like Mother Teresa, may we open up opportunities of joy and hope for the many who are discouraged and need understanding and tenderness.” @Pontifex 5 September 2017
- “Dear Friends, please pray for me and all of Colombia, where I will be travelling for a journey dedicated to reconciliation and peace.” @Pontifex 5 September 2017