This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 27 May 2017 to 21 June 2017.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 27 May 2017 – Pastoral Visit to Genoa: Eucharistic Concelebration (Piazzale Kennedy, 27 May 2017)
- 18 June 2017 – Holy Mass on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
- 27 May 2017 – Pastoral Visit to Genoa: Encounter with children of the various wards in “Giannina Gaslini” Pediatric Hospital
- 1 June 2017 – To participants in the Plenary Session of the Congregation for the Clergy
- 2 June 2017 – To young “Cavalieri”
- 9 June 2017 – To participants in the plenary session of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 21 June 2017 – To a Delegation of the National Football League (NFL)
- “Everyone’s existence is tied to that of others: life is not time merely passing by, life is about interactions.” @Pontifex 15 June 2017
- “Love requires a creative, concrete response. Good intentions are not enough. The other is not a statistic, but a person to take care of.” @Pontifex 16 June 2017
- “Care for the environment is always a social concern as well. Let us hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor.” @Pontifex 17 June 2017
- “Jesus was broken; he is broken for us. This is the Eucharist. And he asks us to give ourselves, to break ourselves, as it were, for others.” @Pontifex 18 June 2017
- “None of us is an island, autonomous and independent from others. We can only build the future by standing together, including everyone.” @Pontifex 19 June 2017
- “The personal encounter with refugees dispels fears and distorted ideologies and becomes a factor for growth in humanity. @M_RSection” @Pontifex 20 June 2017
- “We must not turn our backs on the new forms of poverty and marginalization that prevent people from living a life of dignity.” @Pontifex 21 June 2017