Maureen at Aliens in This World come up
with the TOP
TEN CONTRADICTORY ATTITUDES OF THE SIXTIES BUNCH
10. Demonstrations and marches are good.
Eucharistic and saint-day processions are bad.
9. Incense at home to cover up that marijuana smell is good. Yay,
Incense in church to waft prayers to Heaven is bad. Boo, Gregorian
8. Renovating old houses and antiques to their original condition is
Maintaining old churches in their original condition is bad.
7. Indoctrinating children from birth to love peace is good.
Baptizing children soon after birth, and teaching them the Christian
faith, is bad.
6. It’s good for kids to learn a second language. Bilingual education
It’s bad for kids to learn Latin. Teaching Mass parts in Latin or Greek
5. Early music is good, especially on the original instruments and for
its original purposes.
Early music in Mass is bad, especially on the original instruments and
for its original purposes.
4. Grassroots movements are good.
Grassroots traditional religious movements are bad.
3. Diversity and experimentation is good.
Diversity within religious tradition is bad.
2. Alternative lifestyle choices are good.
Chaste alternate lifestyle choices are bad.
And the number one contradictory attitude of the Sixties Bunch?
1. All life is sacred, and every person has worth and is good!
Babies we don’t want are bad.
To which I add my own list of ten in no particular order.
- Being a consciousness objector is good
A pharmacist being a consciousness objector is a bad thing
- Having choice is a good thing
Having more than one form of Mass in the Latin Rite is a bad thing.
- We should help the poor in all cases
A pro-life pregnancy center that helps poor women is a bad thing and in
fact should have rigorous inspections unlike abortion clinics
- Celebrating women is a good thing
Devotions to Mary are a bad thing
- We need lots of arts in the public square
Actually having statues and beautiful things in a church is bad.
- Using organic foods and being careful to avoid chemicals in
your food is good.
Not using chemical contraceptives is bad.
- We are all one we must go beyond skin color.
Whites adopting black children is bad.
- Protest marches are good.
Protesting in front of an abortion clinic is bad.
- Vatican II was good.
Following the documents of Vatican II is bad.
- The laity getting more involved with the Church is good.
Lay Catholic apologists are bad.