The Suburban Banshee is making me shriek with laughter. Maureen at Aliens in This World has the Top Ten Signs You’ve Succumbed to Motu-Mania.
Her list is great and I will add my own top ten list to hers.
10. You have a calendar marked out with all possible likely Feast days that the Motu Proprio might be issued on.
9. You have sent a gift subscription of Latin Mass magazine to all the priests in your area.
8. You have already budgeted in the fact that you are going to be saving a lot of money on gas by not having to drive to that one parish over an hour away that has the Indult Mass.
7. You have an “I ♥ Motu Proprio” bumper sticker on your car.
6. You have written 500 blog posts and 480 of them have been about the Motu Proprio.
5. You have been praying a continuous Novena to St. Jude because up until now you thought having a Tridentine Mass available in your diocese could be considered an impossible cause.
4. You won’t let your children play until they can tell you the Nominative, Genitive, and Dative of the Latin word you quiz them with.
3. You have thought about punching the next person who uses the word “nostalgic” referring to your wanting the Tridentine rite available.
2. You have written so many letters encouraging the Pope to release the Motu Proprio that the Post Office that you are known by your first name at the stationary store and Post Office.
And the number one sign you have Motu Mania is:
1. You plan to invite friends over and stage an all-nighter to watch Catholic news on your computer on the Vigil of Holy Thursday since this is the latest date that it is rumored to be announced. That is what friends you have after the last five vigils of suspected release dates.