This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 4 April 2021 to 14 April 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 4 April 2021 – Letter of the Holy Father to the participants in the 2021 Spring Meetings of the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund
- “#Easter is the most important feast of our faith because it is the feast of our salvation, the feast of God’s love for us.” @Pontifex 8 April 2021
- “The Lord calls us to cooperate in the construction of history, becoming, together with Him, peacemakers and witnesses of hope in a future of salvation and resurrection.” @Pontifex 9 April 2021
- “The Lord does not want us to keep thinking about our failings. He wants us to look to Him. In our failings He sees children to help up; in our misery He sees children in need of His merciful love. #DivineMercy” @Pontifex 10 April 2021
- “The wounds of Jesus are open channels between him and us, shedding mercy upon our misery. They are pathways that God has opened up for us to enter into his tender love and actually “touch” who he is. Let us never again doubt his mercy. #DivineMercy” @Pontifex 11 April 2021
- “So let us be renewed by the peace, forgiveness and wounds of the merciful Jesus. Only in this way will our faith be alive. Only in this way will we proclaim the Gospel of God, which is the Gospel of mercy. Homily” @Pontifex 11 April 2021
- “Mercy is made tangible, it becomes closeness, service, care for those in difficulty. I hope you will always feel you have been granted mercy, so as to be merciful to others in turn.” @Pontifex 11 April 2021
- “Jesus is the Risen One, the Lord who passed through death in order to lead us to safety. Even before we begin to seek Him, He is present beside us. He lifts us back up after our falls. He helps us grow in faith. #Easter” @Pontifex 12 April 2021
- “In the midst of the contradictions and perplexities we must confront each day, the din of so many words and opinions, there is the quiet voice of the Risen Lord who keeps saying to us: “Peace be with you!”” @Pontifex 13 April 2021
- “The breath of faith is #prayer: we grow in faith inasmuch as we learn to pray. #GeneralAudience General Audience” @Pontifex 14 April 2021