This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 18 February 2021 to 21 February 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 19 February 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father to the participants in the Religious Education Congress sponsored by the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese
- 19 February 2021 – To managers and players of Sampdoria Football TeamTo managers and players of Sampdoria Football Team
- “#Lent is precisely the season of hope when we turn our gaze back to the God who is patient. Saint Paul passionately urges us to place our hope in reconciliation: “Be reconciled to God” (2 Cor 5:20).” @Pontifex 18 February 2021
- “Fasting, prayer and almsgiving, as preached by Jesus (cf. Mt 6:1–18), enable and express our conversion. #Lent” @Pontifex 19 February 2021
- “Lord, Our God, grant that we Christians may live the Gospel, and recognize Christ in each human being, so as to see him crucified in the sufferings of the abandoned and forgotten of our world, and risen in each brother or sister who makes a new start. #WorldDayOfSocialJustice” @Pontifex 20 February 2021
- “In this #LentenSeason, accepting and living the truth revealed in Christ means, first of all, opening our hearts to God’s word, which the Church passes on from generation to generation.” @Pontifex 20 February 2021
- “May the example of so many doctors and healthcare workers who have risked their life to the point of losing it due to the #pandemic move us to feeling truly grateful for how generously, and sometimes heroically, they carry out their profession.” @Pontifex 20 February 2021
- “During the Season of #Lent, the Holy Spirit drives us too, like Jesus, into the desert (Mk 1:12–15). It is not a physical place, but rather an existential dimension in which we can be silent and listen to the word of God, so that a true conversion might be effected in us.” @Pontifex 21 February 2021