This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 22 October 2020 to 28 October 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 23 October 2020 – Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to participants at the Meeting “New Ways towards Integral Ecology: Five Years after Laudato Si’”
- “So often today man does not know what is within him, in the depths of his mind and heart…. Therefore, let Christ speak to man. He alone has words of life, of eternal life. #StJohnPaulII” @Pontifex 22 October 2020
- “St #JohnPaulII and his passion for life and fascination with the mystery of God, of the world and of humankind was an extraordinary gift of God to the Church. Let us remember his faith: may it be an example to lives as witnesses today.” @Pontifex 22 October 2020
- “Life without fraternal gratuitousness becomes a form of frenetic commerce, constantly weighing what we give and what we get back. God, instead, gives freely, helping even those who are unfaithful; he “makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good” (Mt 5:45). #FratelliTutti” @Pontifex 23 October 2020
- “If we want true integral human development for all, war must be avoided, ensuring the rule of law and tireless recourse to negotiation and arbitration. The United Nation ’s Charter applies transparently and sincerely, and is an reference point of justice and a peace. #UNDay” @Pontifex 24 October 2020
- “What is not expressed in love of neighbour is not true love of God; and, likewise, what is not drawn from one’s relationship with God is not true love of neighbour. #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 22:34–40)” @Pontifex 25 October 2020
- “Let us pray to the Lord for Nigeria, so that every form of violence might always be avoided, in the constant search of social harmony through the promotion of justice and the common good.” @Pontifex 25 October 2020
- “Kindness frees us from the cruelty that at times infects human relationships, from the anxiety that prevents us from thinking of others, from the frantic flurry of activity that forgets that others also have a right to be happy. #FratelliTutti” @Pontifex 26 October 2020
- “Those who love may be sure that none of their acts of love will be lost, nor any of their acts of sincere concern for others, nor any single act of love for God, nor any generous effort, nor any painful endurance. All of these enfold our world like a vital force. #FratelliTutti” @Pontifex 27 October 2020
- ““You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased” (Lk 3:22). This simple phrase enables us to intuit something of the mystery of Jesus and of His heart, always turned to the Father. Jesus gave us His own #Prayer, which is His loving dialogue with the Father. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 28 October 2020
- “I unite myself to the pain of the families of the students barbarically killed in #Kumba, #Cameroon. May God enlighten hearts, so that similar acts may never be repeated! I send my affection to the families and all Cameroon, and I invoke the comfort that only God can give.” @Pontifex 28 October 2020