This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 6 December 2016 to 14 December 2016.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 3 December 1016 – To Participants of the Fortune-Time Global Forum
- 8 December 2016 – L World Day of Peace 2017: «Nonviolence: a Style of Politics for Peace»
- 10 December 2016 – To participants in the Meeting of the International Catholic Rural Association (ICRA)
- “The Church does not grow through proselytism, but by attraction.” @Pontifex 6 December 2016
- “Let us learn from the Blessed Mother how to have a humble heart capable of receiving God’s gifts.” @Pontifex 8 December 2016
- “Let us pray for all the victims of genocide and work together so that this crime never happens again in the world.” @Pontifex 9 December 2016
- “Let us all work decisively so that no one is excluded from the effective recognition of their fundamental human rights.” @Pontifex 10 December 2016
- “May Advent be a time of hope. We go to encounter the Lord who comes to encounter us.” @Pontifex 11 December 2016
- “On this Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, let us entrust to her the American peoples and the mission of the Church on that continent.” @Pontifex 12 December 2016
- “Today I would like each of us to reflect on his and her own past and the gifts received from the Lord.” @Pontifex 13 December 2016
- “Now is the time to unleash the creativity of mercy, to bring about new undertakings, the fruit of grace.” @Pontifex 14 December 2016