This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 2 August 2016 to 31 August 2016.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 15 August 2016 – Chirograph of His Holiness Pope Francis by which he names H.E. Msgr. Vincenzo Paglia as the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Institute “John Paul II” for Studies on Marriage and Family and President of the Pontifical Academy for Life
- 2 August 2016 – Message of condolence of the Holy Father for the death of Card. Franciszek Macharski
- 27 August 2016 – Video message of the Holy Father on the occasion of the celebration of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy in the Americas [Bogotá, 27-30 August 2016]
- 15 August 2016 – Apostolic Letter issued ‘Motu Proprio’ instituting the Dicastery for the Laity, the Family and Life
- 17 August 2016 – Apostolic Letter issued ‘Motu Proprio’ instituting the Dicastery for promoting Integral Human Development
- “Never abbandon prayer, even when it seems pointless to pray.” @Pontifex 18 August 2016
- “Where there is love, there is also understanding and forgiveness.” @Pontifex 19 August 2016
- “Mercy does not just mean being a “good person” nor is it mere sentimentality. It is the measure of our authenticity as disciples of Jesus.” @Pontifex 21 August 2016
- “New forms of slavery such as human and organ trafficking, forced labour, and prostitution are true crimes against humanity.” @Pontifex 23 August 2016
- “Consoling those who suffer we are able to help build a better world.” @Pontifex 26 August 2016
- “May a powerful gust of holiness sweep through all the Americas during the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy!” @Pontifex 27 August 2016
- “An easy prayer to say every day: “Lord, I am a sinner: come with your mercy”.” @Pontifex 28 August 2016
- “May God’s mercy towards us move us to be merciful towards our neighbors.” @Pontifex 29 August 2016
- “Serving with love and tenderness those who are in need helps us to grow in humanity.” @Pontifex 31 August 2016
Long story short … Forgive me Jeff but like I said in the past, I still don’t believe that His Holiness Papa Francis will ever be able to turn “The Internet” around to His way of thinking. I believe that He should team up in prayer with The Holy Grail and ask GOD (GOOD OLD DAD) to send Angels to talk to people’s heart and it is sad to say that more than ever, I believe that there are a LOT of stone hearts in our internet these days and “The Holy Trinity” is The only “ONE” who can turn them around.
I’ll close by saying… Please ask both of our Holiness Popes to pray for me