This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 3 to 10 August 2014.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 6 August 2014 – Message of the Holy Father to the first Latin American Congress of Pastoral Care of the Family that will take place from August 4 to 9 in Panama City
- 8 August 2014 – Message of Pope Francis, signed by the Secretary of State, to the Order of the Knights of Columbus on the occasion of its 132nd annual Supreme Convention
- “If you hoard material possessions, they will rob you of your soul.” @pontifex, 5 August 2014
- “The Christian is someone who can decrease so that the Lord may increase, in his heart and in the heart of others.” @pontifex, 7 August 2014
- “I ask all men and women of goodwill to join me in praying for Iraqi Christians and all vulnerable populations.” @pontifex, 8 August 2014
- “Please take a moment today to pray for all those who have been forced from their homes in Iraq. #PrayForPeace” @pontifex, 8 August 2014
- “Lord, we pray that you sustain those who have been deprived of everything in Iraq. #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 8 August 2014
- “I ask all Catholic parishes and communities to offer a special prayer this weekend for Iraqi Christians.” @pontifex, 9 August 2014
- “I ask the international community to protect all those suffering violence in Iraq.” @pontifex, 9 August 2014
- “Violence is not conquered by violence. Lord, send us the gift of peace. #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 9 August 2014
- “Those driven from their homes in Iraq depend on us. I ask all to pray, and for those who are able, to give material assistance.” @pontifex, 10 August 2014
- “The news coming from Iraq pains me. Lord, teach us to live in solidarity with all those who suffer.” @pontifex, 10 August 2014
- “An appeal to all families: when you say your prayers, remember all those forced from their homes in Iraq. #PrayForPeace” @pontifex, 10 August 2014