This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 16 October 2013 to 1 February 2014.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 19 January 2014 – Homily of the Holy Father during the Pastoral visit to the Roman parish “Sacro Cuore di Gesù a Castro Pretorio”
- 16 October 2013 – Message on the occasion of World Food Day 2013
- 28 January 2014 – Message on the occasion of the 18th Public Session of the Pontifical Academies
- 16 January 2014 – To the members of the College of Personnel of the Pontifical Antechamber and their families
- 17 January 2014 – To the personnel of the Apostolic Floreria and their families
- 18 January 2014 – To the employees of RAI and their families on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the first Italian television transmission
- 20 January 2014 – To Officials and Officers of the General Inspectorate for Public Security at the Vatican
- 24 January 2014 – To Prelate Auditors, Officials and Advocates of the Tribunal of the Roman Rota on the occasion of the inauguration of the Judicial Year
- 30 January 2014 – To a delegation from the University of Notre Dame (Indiana, U.S.A.)
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 27 January 2014 – Bishops, priests ordained to serve
- 28 January 2014 – The fruitfulness of praise
- 30 January 2014 – Christians must “feel with the Church”
- 31 January 2014 – Christian mediocrity leads to a ‘loss of sense of sin’
- “Dear young people, let us not be satisfied with a mediocre life. Be amazed by what is true and beautiful, what is of God!” @pontifex, 27 January 2014
- “Let us pray for Christian unity. There are so many beautiful things which unite us” @pontifex, 28 January 2014
- “I cannot imagine a Christian who does not know how to smile. May we joyfully witness to our faith.” @pontifex, 30 January 2014
- “No one saves oneself. The community is essential.” @pontifex, 31 January 2014
- “Sometimes we are saddened by the weight of our sins. May we not be discouraged. Christ has come to lift this burden and give us peace.” @pontifex, 1 February 2014
- “May the World Day of Consecrated Life be a timely occasion to rediscover the centrality of Jesus in our lives.” @pontifex, 2 February 2014
- The “Message on the occasion of World Food Day 2013” for the English translation was a broken link on the Vatican site and just recently fixed.