The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 24 July 2013 – Greeting to young Italians at the conclusion of his Visit to Saint Francis’ Hospital, WYD 2013
- 28 August 2013 – Greeting to the young people from the Diocese of Piacenza-Bobbio, located in northern Italy
- 5 September 2013 – To His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Paulose II, Catholicos of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 3 September 2013 – Jesus has no need of armies to overcome evil
- 5 September 2013 – Jesus has a promise and a mission for every Christian.
- 6 September 2013 – Daily Mass for Friday
- 7 September 2013 – Overcome temptation to be “Christians without Jesus”
- “By his coming among us, Jesus transforms our lives. In him, we see that God is love, he is fidelity he is life who gives himself.” @pontifex, 3 September 2013
- “We want in our society, torn apart by divisions and conflict, that peace break out!” @pontifex, 3 September 2013
- “With utmost firmness I condemn the use of chemical weapons.” @pontifex, 3 September 2013
- “Let the cry for peace ring out in all the world!#prayforpeace” @pontifex, 3 September 2013
- “With all my strength, I ask each party in the conflict not to close themselves in solely on their own interests. #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 4 September 2013
- “There is no such thing as low-cost Christianity. Following Jesus means swimming against the tide, renouncing evil and selfishness” @pontifex, 5 September 2013
- “Peace is a good which overcomes every barrier, because it belongs all of humanity #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 5 September 2013
- “Dear young people, pray with me for peace in the world #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 6 September 2013
- “All men and women of good will are bound by the task of pursuing peace. #prayforpeace” @pontifex, 6 September 2013
- “Pray for Peace!
#prayforpeace” @pontifex, 7 September 2013
Note: Due to problems with using copyrighted material from the Vatican the eBook version of The Weekly Francis has been suspended. For users of the previous ebook volume I have some suggestions for alternatives on how to best read these documents especially on mobile platforms.