I decided to write some of my own that would b on the opposite side of the spectrum. Some are more serious and other are definitely tongue-in-cheek.
- Lord help keep us from a liturgical rant,
please give us polyphony or Gregorian
- Let this congregation always be receptive,
that true love is never contraceptive.
- That lay people and clergy to the media always opine,
just as if they actually had a spine.
- That we may fight this culture of death,
from conception to the final breath.
- Lord remove this suffering for beauty we have missed,
how long Oh Lord will you punish us with liturgists.
- Lord may our Catholics schools teach truth we plea
and not dissent and dogma-free theology.
- Lord I know your wrath is not an Old Testament assaulter,
but please could you not smite the National Catholic Reporter?
- That we may never tire and always raise our voice
and that no Catholic might call themselves pro-choice.
- That we may give of ourselves and to help the poor
and not just look towards the government for the cure.
- That we remember we our sinners greatly in need of thee
and that we praise and obey you in humility.
- Lord help us to win back our Catholic Universities,
that truth will return and not dropped in favor of diversity.
- That we embrace our faith with a more discerning criteria
and not pick from it like at a cafeteria.
- 44 Million and counting is the price we have paid,
help us to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Lord help us to love our neighbor and never despise,
in the most distressing disguise.
- Our political choices so far have been very poor,
guide us to pick someone like St. Thomas Moore.
- That we always conduct the liturgy,
according to the norms of the Holy See.
- That following you and the cross we select
and not just try to be politically correct.
- That your truth Senator John Kerry might see,
and not Fr Richard P. McBrien’s theology.
- Pray for President George W. Bush,
his pro-life convictions seem to need a push.
And by request.
- Good Lord can you do something about Frances Kissling?
a pillar of salt might be a fine seasoning.
Please add your own in the comment box.