The Freedom From Religion Foundation is gluing a label inside of Gideon Bibles
in motels across the country
Bible Warning labels. Skull & Crossbones:
"Warning: Literal Belief in this book may endanger your health and life."
(3" x 2") $2.00 per dozen
On their site they are selling a CD by Dan Barker called "Friendly
Neighborhood Atheist" with songs such as:
- You Can’t Win With Original Sin
- Stay Away Pope Polka
- Vatican Rag
- Solstice Tribute
They also have a sections of nontracts and I can understand why
they call them nontracts is because they make nonsense. It is almost funny the
way bible versus are misrepresented.
- Make people want to persecute you. (Matthew 5:11)
- Take money from those who have no savings and give it to rich investors.
- If you lose a lawsuit, give more than the judgment. (Matthew 5:40)
- Don’t work to obtain food. (John 6:27)
- Let everyone know you are better than the rest. (Matthew 5:13-16)
And the ironic thing is that they understand some Bible verses
better than some Christian groups
- Marrying a divorced woman is adultery. (Matthew 5:32)
As is usually the case with groups like this they solely target
Christians. There are no diatribes against earth worshiping new-agers, Hindus,
Buddhists, or Moslems. If you spend most of your time attacking religious beliefs,
selling products against religious beliefs, and labeling bibles are you really
free from religion? It would seem to me that somebody who never thought about
religion or didn’t spend any time acting against religion would be the one that
was really free of religion.
As G.K. Chesterton said “If there were
no God, there would be no atheists.” – Where All Roads Lead, 1922