This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 9 December 2020 to 16 December 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 12 December 2020 – Video message of the Holy Father for the High Level Virtual Climate Ambition Summit 2020
- 11 December 2020 – To the Delegations who donated the Nativity Display and the Christmas Tree in St. Peter’s Square
- 12 December 2020 – To the Artists of the Christmas Concert in the Vatican
- “God listens to the cry of those who invoke Him. Even our reluctant questions, those that remain in the depths of our heart. The Father wishes to give us the Holy Spirit, which inspires every #prayer and transforms everything. It is a question of patience, of supporting the wait.” @Pontifex 9 December 2020
- “Everyone is called to contribute with courage and determination to the respect for the fundamental rights of every person, especially the ”invisible“: of the many who are hungry and thirsty, who are naked, sick, outcast or imprisoned.” @Pontifex 10 December 2020
- “Accompanied by the Mother of Jesus on the journey towards Christmas, in these times that are difficult for many, let us make an effort to rediscover the great hope and joy brought to us by the coming of the Son of God into the world. #Advent” @Pontifex 11 December 2020
- “Looking at the image of Our Lady of #Guadalupe, we see these three realities reflected: abundance, blessing and gift. God always gives Himself in abundance in His blessings.” @Pontifex 12 December 2020
- “The current pandemic and climate change affect above all the lives of the poor. We must promote a culture that places at its center human dignity and the common good. For this reason the Holy See joins in the objective of net zero emission. Video Message” @Pontifex 12 December 2020
- “The Virgin Mary silently awaited God’s Word of salvation; she welcomed it; she listened to it; she conceived it. In her, God became close. This is why the Church calls Mary a “Cause of our joy”. #Angelus” @Pontifex 13 December 2020
- “I bless the statuettes of Jesus, which will be placed in the Nativity scene. When you pray at home, before the Nativity scene with your families, allow yourselves to be drawn by the tenderness of Baby Jesus, born poor and frail among us, in order to give us his love.” @Pontifex 13 December 2020
- “To pray is to light a candle in the darkness. #Prayer rouses us from the tepidness of a purely horizontal existence, lifts our gaze to higher things, makes us attuned to the Lord, allows God to be close to us; it frees us from our solitude and gives us hope.” @Pontifex 15 December 2020
- “#Prayer during the time of #Advent helps us to remember we are not more righteous or better than others, but that we are all sinners who need to be touched by God’s mercy. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 16 December 2020
- “I ask God to inspire, in the hearts of all, respect for the life of our brothers, especially the most fragile and helpless, and to give strength to those who receive them and care for them, even when this demands heroic love.” @Pontifex 16 December 2020