This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 14 April 2021 to 21 April 2021.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 15 April 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father for the 58th General Assembly of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil
- 15 April 2021 – Video Message of the Holy Father to participants in the International Conference “A Politics Rooted in the People”
- “Even death trembles when a Christian prays, because it knows that everyone who prays has an ally who is stronger than it: the Risen Lord. #Prayer #Easter” @Pontifex 15 April 2021
- “Sadly, in this world, with all its highly developed technology, great numbers of children continue to live in inhuman situations, exploited, maltreated, enslaved, refugees. Today, in acknowledging this, we feel shame before God, before God who became a child. #EndChildSlavery” @Pontifex 16 April 2021
- “Only the love of Jesus can transform our life, heal our deepest hurts and set us free from the vicious circles of disappointment, anger and constant complaint.” @Pontifex 17 April 2021
- “Being Christian is not first of all a doctrine or a moral ideal; it is a living relationship with the Risen Lord. #GospelOfTheDay” @Pontifex 18 April 2021
- “I invite you to pray for the population of eastern Ukraine. I truly hope that an escalation of the tensions might be avoided and, instead, that actions capable of promoting reciprocal trust and which foster reconciliation and peace might be undertaken.” @Pontifex 18 April 2021
- “God does not give up. You are close to His heart, you who do not yet know the beauty of His love, you who have not yet welcomed Jesus as the center of your life, you who cannot overcome your sin.” @Pontifex 19 April 2021
- “For God, you are that little coin that the Lord seeks without pause. He wants to tell you that you are precious and unique in His eyes. No one can take your place in the heart of God.” @Pontifex 20 April 2021
- “Let us not abandon the simple prayers we learned in our families as children that we preserve in our memories and hearts. They are sure ways to access the Father’s heart. #Prayer #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 21 April 2021