This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 4 February 2020 to 19 February 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 11 February 2020 – Letter sent by the Holy Father to the President of the Pontifical Ecclesiastical Academy
- 4 February 2020 – Video Message of the Holy Father to mark the first anniversary of the signing of the Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together
- 14 February 2020 – Message of the Holy Father to the President of the Spanish Episcopal Conference on the occasion of the National Congress of the Laity [Madrid, 14–16 February 2020]
- 7 February 2020 – To Participants at the Seminar “Education: the global compact”, organized by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences
- 15 February 2020 – Inauguration of the 91st Judicial Year of Vatican City State Tribunal
- “Often we forget the Lord and deal with other gods: money, vanity, pride. Let us ask for the grace to understand when our heart begins to slide into worldliness. God’s grace and love will stop us if we ask in prayer. #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 13 February 2020
- “Today it would do us good to think – as an act of gratitude to God – about those who accompany us on our journey through life: family members, friends, colleagues… The Lord wants us to be together as a people. Thank you, Lord, for never leaving us alone! #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 14 February 2020
- “Our prayer must not be limited only to our needs, to our necessities: a prayer is truly Christian if it has a universal dimension too.” @Pontifex 15 February 2020
- “In #TodaysGospel, Jesus encourages us to move from a formal observance of the Law to a substantial observance, accepting the Law in our hearts. From the heart comes good and bad deeds.” @Pontifex 16 February 2020
- “We alone cannot satisfy ourselves. We need to unmask our self-sufficiency, overcome our closures, go back to being small within, be simple and enthusiastic, filled with fervor for God and love for others.” @Pontifex 17 February 2020
- “Every one of us has something that has hardened within our heart. The medicine to combat hardheartedness is memory: recalling the blessings of the Lord. This keeps our heart open and faithful. #HomilySantaMarta” @Pontifex 18 February 2020
- ““Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth” (Mt 5:5). Meekness can win over hearts, save friendships, and much more, because people get angry then they calm down. They rethink the issue before retracing their steps, and relationships can be rebuilt. #Beatitudes” @Pontifex 19 February 2020
- ““Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” The “earth” to conquer is the salvation of our brother and sister. There is no earth better than someone’s heart, no land more beautiful to gain than peace renewed with a brother or sister. This is the earth to inherit.” @Pontifex 19 February 2020