Confessions of a Crazy Schoolmarm tagged me with the book Meme. I think I did this once before a year ago, but I do love books.
How many books do you own? I went to public school and so don’t do higher math.
Book(s) I am reading now: Well since I just finished the Pope’s book – the following books are back on track.
- The Catholic Priesthood and Women: A Guide to the Teaching of the Church by Sr. Sara Butler, MSBT
- The Bad Catholic’s Guide To Wine, Whiskey, And Song: A Spirited Look at Catholic Life and Lore from the Apocalypse to Zinfandel by John Zmirak and Denise Matychowiak
- Mysterious Island (via my iPod) by Jules Verne
- Shadow & Claw: The First Half of ‘The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
Books I’ve read recently: I wrote a program that I use to track my book reading and books to get that is still under development, but it does make it easy for me to answer this question for the last two months from then to now.
- Dorothy L. Sayers – Whose Body?
- John C. Wright – Mists of Everness
- John C. Wright – Orphans of Chaos
- Raymond Arroyo -Mother Angelica’s Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality
- John C. Wright – Fugitives of Chaos
- Stephen Coonts – Deep Black: Jihad
- Larry Niven – The Draco Tavern
- Gene Wolfe -The Knight
- Jules Verne – Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Gene Wolfe – The Wizard
- Baroness Emmuska Orczy -The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Rafael Sabatini -Captain Blood
- "E.E. ""DOC" Smith -The Skylark of Space
- Michael Flynn – Eifelheim
- John C. Wright – Titans of Chaos
- Scott Hahn – Hail, Holy Queen
- Neil Gaiman – Stardust
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Children of Hurin
- Anthony Destefano – Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To: Divine Answers to Life’s Most Difficult Problems
- Scott Hahn – Reasons to believe
- Tad Williams – Shadowplay
- Jonathan Swift – Gulliver’s Travels
Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me: (Bible and Catechism are given) To make it easy for myself I will make two lists for this question. Though the answer to this question can easily change daily based on mood.
- Handbook of Christian Apologetics – Peter Kreeft with Ronald K. Tacelli
- Theology and Sanity – Frank Sheed
- The Confessions – St. Augustine
- The Life of St. Teresa of Avila by St. Teresa of Avila
- Orthodoxy – G.K. Chesterton
- Adventures in Orthodoxy by (now Fr.) Dwight Longenecker
- A Father Who Keeps His Promises: God’s Covenant Love in Scripture by Scott Hahn
- Transformation in Christ: On the Christian Attitude by Dietrich Von Hildebrand
- The Cure D’Ars Today: St John Vianney by George William Rutler
- Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tokien
- The Mote in God’s Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
- The Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore
- A Canticle for Liebowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
- Most ot the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett
- The Dune Series by Frank Herbert
- Asimov’s Robot novels.
- Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
- Golden Age trilogy by John C. Wright
- Declare by Tim Powers