Rich Lugari tagged me with a Christmas meme.
1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
2. Turkey or Ham?
Being a comedian I have always been a ham, though some think I am a turkey.
3. Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself Christmas tree?
Fake. I am pretty lazy and have zip stripped the lights and ornaments to the tree.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
Florida, enough said. Though as a kid growing up sledding rocks.
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
You can shop downtown?
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Good King Wencelas because I once did a solo for it during a concert and pretty much every traditional carol that actually refers to the birth of Christ in some way. If you turn on a cable or satellite music channel and change to the holiday channel you can get an idea of what songs I don’t include.
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Well I wish there were some real Christmas movies about Mary, Joseph and Jesus instead of what are really seasonal movies that might touch base in some way with the birth of Christ. Of this variety though It’s a Wonderful Life is an all time favorite. Though I also look forward to rewatching Elf.
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I am not a fanatic on this issue. I like starting around the 17th. Christmas music was a part of my conversion and I currently have about 200 Christmas songs playing on my iPod in rotation.
10. Stockings before or after presents?
11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Endangered species normally seen on milk cartons. The last carolers I saw were my neighborhood friends when we went caroling as kids.
12. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
13. Do you read the Christmas Story?
I like the one by some guy name Luke.
14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating, walking around the mall is reserved for Lent.
17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
My first Christmas as a Catholic when Christmas finally assumed its rightful dimension. My worst Christmas memories were being at sea away from my family.
19. Favorite Part about winter?
The end of it.
20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Never had mistletoe, though I did have a toe infection once.