This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 9 November 2020 to 18 November 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 9 November 2020 – Letter of His Holiness Pope Francis to His Exc. Mgr. Bernardo Bastres Florence, S.D.B., Bishop of Punta Arenas (Chile), on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the celebration of the first Mass in Chile [11 November 2020]
- “Generosity that supports the weak, consoles the afflicted, relieves suffering and restores dignity to those stripped of it, is a condition for a fully human life. #WorldDayOfThePoor” @Pontifex 12 November 2020
- “The ability to stretch forth our hand shows that we possess an innate capacity to act in ways that give meaning to life. #WorldDayOfThePoor” @Pontifex 13 November 2020
- “The Lord’s blessing descends upon us and prayer attains its goal when accompanied by service to the poor. #WorldDayOfThePoor [Message[(http://vatican.va/content/francesco/en/messages/poveri/documents/papa-francesco_20200613_messaggio-iv-giornatamondiale-poveri–2020.html)” @Pontifex 14 November 2020
- “Hold out your hand to the poor, instead of demanding what you lack. In this way, you will multiply the talents you have received. (Mt 25:14–30) #WorldDayOfThePoor #GospelOfTheDay Homily” @Pontifex 15 November 2020
- “I am near in prayer to the dear people of the #Philippines who are suffering because of the destruction, and especially because of the flooding caused by a strong #typhoon. I express my solidarity to the poorest families and those who are doing all they can to help them.” @Pontifex 15 November 2020
- “Every form of fundamentalist intolerance damages relationships between individuals, groups and peoples. Let us be committed to living and teaching the value of respect, a love capable of welcoming differences, and the priority of the dignity of every human being. #TolleranceDay” @Pontifex 16 November 2020
- “Even a smile that we can share with the poor is a source of love. An outstretched hand can always be enriched by the smile of those who quietly and unassumingly offer to help, inspired only by the joy of living as one of Christ’s disciples.” @Pontifex 17 November 2020
- ““Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart” (Lk 2:19). Everything that happens to her ends up in her heart so that it might pass through the sieve of #prayer and be transfigured by it. #GeneralAudience” @Pontifex 18 November 2020