This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 2 July 2020 to 8 July 2020.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s blog.
- 8 July 2020 – Holy Mass presided over by Pope Francis in the Casa Santa Marta chapel on the anniversary of his visit to Lampedusa in 2013
- 2 July 2020 – Letter of the Holy Father Francis to His Holiness Benedict XVI, Pope Emeritus, for the death of his brother, Msgr. Georg Ratzinger
- “Video” @Pontifex 2 July 2020
- “Christian joy flows from listening to, and accepting, the Good News of the death and resurrection of Jesus. Whoever believes this message knows that life is born of the love of God the Father.” @Pontifex 3 July 2020
- “In some places, #cooperatives are being developed to exploit renewable sources of energy which ensure local self-sufficiency. They can make a real difference in the fight against climate change, thanks to a strong sense of community and a deep love for the land.” @Pontifex 4 July 2020
- “In the #GospelOfTheDay (Mt 11:25–30), Jesus praises the Father, because He has hidden the secrets of His Kingdom ”from the wise and the learned“ and revealed them to the ”little ones“, who long for Him and expect everything from Him.” @Pontifex 5 July 2020
- “The United Nations has called for an immediate, global ceasefire in order to face the Covid–19 pandemic and provide humanitarian aid. I hope this Resolution will be implemented quickly for the good of those who suffer and become a first step toward a future of peace.” @Pontifex 5 July 2020
- “Faith makes us walk with Jesus on the roads of this world, in the certainty that the power of His Spirit will bend the forces of evil, subjecting them to the power of God’s love.” @Pontifex 6 July 2020
- “On the anniversary of my visit to #Lampedusa, let us pray that we might discover the face of Jesus in all people forced to flee their homeland because of the many injustices that continue to afflict our world.
@M_RSection” @Pontifex 8 July 2020